The heat has arrived and, with it, the time to say goodbye to tights and long pants. Shorts, skirts, sandals prevail …
We are going to start showing legs and the pharmacist Rocío Escalante, owner of Arbosana Farmacia and expert in dermocosmetics, wants to suggest some things that improve its appearance:
“For starters, if you want your legs to look slimmer, exercise daily. Exfoliate them at least once a week to remove dead cells. That way, your skin is more luminous and receptive to cream and you avoid the problem of ingrown hairs, “he points out.
And he continues: “It hydrates the legs (and the arms) every day, so that the skin is stronger, resistant and also softer. If you go outside, don’t forget to put on a body sunscreen. And to remove the winter white, you can use self-tanners that, incidentally, help you hide some imperfections such as scars, pimples or cellulite “
If you have already taken out the new skirt and are dying to wear it on a terrace, pay attention, because in the firm St. Moriz They are experts in self-tanning and propose this three-step protocol:
- Take a shower, put on the body moisturizer, spread it well. You will see that it is absorbed great because the day before you have exfoliated yourself (but not shaved, please. That is always 24 hours before, at least). Let the skin calm down and regain its temperature after the hot shower water. Don’t wear deodorant or perfume.
- After applying the product to the area that interests you, wait a few minutes for the tan to dry before dressing, use light and spacious clothing for the first few hours.
- Every day after putting on the self-tanner, it is important that you hydrate your skin well and, after four days, you can re-exfoliate to eliminate any accumulation of product.
Step by step to tan your legs
Elena Comes, director of Le Petit Salon and beauty expert, insists on the importance of exfoliation before the product spreads evenly. “When applying it, I recommend starting from the bottom up,” he explains and points out:
If the self-tanner is in a mousse or cream format, the key is to spread the product very well, paying special attention to the areas of “folds” of the skin (elbows, knees, ankles, armpits, groin) “.
According to Comes, there is a movement that facilitates the success of the result: Apply using circular movements and massaging so that all the skin is well covered without leaving lines. And he gives us one last tip: “It is important to allow it to dry well to avoid staining clothes and sheets.”
Tricks to avoid disappointment
Laura Romero, Director of Training at Guerlain, it gives us some tricks so that the result is perfect, without disappointments or welts:
- Rehearse 48 hours before. It is enough to take a small amount of product and test it on the forearm or another area of the body to see how color evolves in our skin.
- You have to exfoliate and hydrate well, especially insisting on rough areas that concentrate more keratin (elbows, knees and ankles). They are darker areas per se, and putting more cream achieves a softer tone.
- At the moment of truth, the product should be gently spread on every square centimeter of the body! Gently massaged.
- If you follow these tricks, the tone is sure to be beautiful. Of course, if you want to avoid the great displeasure of the self-tanner, do not forget to wash your hands as soon as you finish. With soap and water, essential!
Now that there is nothing left to know about sunless body tanning, choose from these six body self-tanners that leave a beautiful tone and are well priced: